Receiving both a Bachelors of Arts in both Psychology and Sociology from the University of Missouri-Columbia. I then received my Masters in Counseling from Webster University-St. Louis. I then went on to become a Certified in Sexual Addiction Therapist at the same time becoming a Certified EMDR Therapist. My focuses are Pornography addiction, Sexual addiction, and PTSD and specialized in trauma-focused therapies as they relate to addiction treatment. Pornography addiction is currently becoming one of the most damaging addiction for young men and I believe there is hope for a pornography free life. My work with clients focuses on healing clients from past traumas.
The International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) core beliefs are
- Sex Addiction is real and recovery is possible
- Addicts and their families deserve quality treatment by compassionate providers
- Sex addiction does not discriminate. It impacts people of all races, sexual orientation, nationalities, religions, creeds, ethnicities, gender expressions, ages, physical attributes, or mental abilities.
- IITAP celebrates diversity and our ethical guidelines promote non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
- IITAP does not condone the practice of Reparative Therapy. Homosexuality is not pathological and is not a mental illness.
- Sexual addiction is not defined by the type of sexual act or the gender of the sexual partner
EMDR International Association
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR is a set of standardized protocols that incorporates elements from many different treatment approaches. To date, EMDR therapy has helped millions of people of all ages relieve many types of psychological stress. As a certified EMDR therapist